Our activities

Our work is focused on three fundamental tasks all contributing to enable the Kirk Kristiansen family to succeed with the mission to inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow.

Alt Text

Our three fundamental tasks

  • We work to protect, develop and leverage the LEGO brand across the LEGO branded entities.
  • We are committed to a long-term and responsible investment strategy to ensure a sound financial foundation for the family’s activities.
  • We are dedicated to support the family as they prepare for future generations to continue the active and engaged ownership as well as supporting their private activities, companies and philanthropic work.
Alt Text

LEGO Brand Group activities

In KIRKBI, we have the following activities managed by LEGO Brand Group:

  • 75% ownership of the LEGO Group – the LEGO Foundation owns the remaining 25%.
  • 50% ownership of Merlin Entertainments that among other activities operates the LEGOLAND® Parks and LEGOLAND® Discovery Centres.
  • 100% ownership of LEGO® and LEGOLAND® trademarks.
  • 100% ownership of LEGO Ventures, which explores investment opportunities at the intersection of Play, Learning and Creativity to leverage and develop the original LEGO Idea and support the LEGO Brand Mission.
Alt Text

Investment Activities

The investment portfolio includes long-term investments in ISS, Nilfisk, Välinge, Landis+Gyr and Falck.

Moreover, the investment portfolio includes real estate investments in Denmark, UK, Germany and Switzerland together with a portfolio of fixed income investments, quoted equities and private equity funds.

KIRKBI has a long-term investment profile and wants to act as a professional and responsible investor with high ethical standards.

In addition, KIRKBI has invested in renewable energy to support the LEGO Group's goal to generate enough renewable energy to meet 100% of its energy consumption, while at the same time delivering attractive long-term returns on investment.

Alt Text

Support Functions

KIRKBI has various support functions such as HR, Finance, Legal, IT and Communication, which assist the business areas and the Kirk Kristiansen family as well as providing administrative support to the associated foundations LEGO Foundation and Ole Kirk’s Fond.